Wednesday 1 January 2014

January 2014 Challenge-Love is in the Air!

Hi to all of our blog readers, and a very Happy New Year to you!

We do have to say a BIG thank you to everyone who joined in December's challenge, and I will be announcing the winner later in the month. During December we had Dawn Heald join us as our guest designer, and we wish to say thank you to her for her gorgeous makes.

Our new challenge for January is LOVE IS IN THE AIR!
 The whole team are really looking forward to seeing all your fabulous artwork and stamped projects that you submit in relation to this theme. To join in with this challenge (and you can join in as many times as you want), is simple; all we would like you to do is, make a piece of artwork, making sure that you include the theme and some rubberstamping. Pop back here to link up using the Froggy at the bottom of this post, so that we can see what you've made and then, leave us a comment to let us know you have joined in with the challenge. As always, there will be candy for one randomly picked entrant - the winner will receive £15 worth of The Artistic Stamper stamps of your choice. And don't forget....if you use Artistic Stamper stamps on your entry, you will entered into the draw, twice!!!!

To get you in the mood  here are some gorgeous makes from Alison, Alison and Tit!

Alison :
Happy New Year to you all!
I took the challenge title literally, & created a card with heart-shaped balloons. I used The Artistic Stamper Roses Are Red Plate, & stamped the heart outlines & word 'LOVE' onto a Gelli Plate print background. I cut them out, glued them to a white card, then doodled the strings, & stamped the phrase.



Titbelsoeur :
Wishing all of you a very happy new year, I am sending lots of love to you, for every single day of every month of this year 2014 !
To make this card, I have first gessoed it and when wet, sprayed Barn Door Distress ink on a heart mask, and Crushed Olive ink here and there. Then I  white paint with my finger on the Artistic Stamper Large Dot Mask and let the whole dry.
After that, I stamped dates on this background with Archival ink and ended it with slightly covering the whole with white paint added with a card and a toothbrush.
A heart cut in a "Mon Chéri" chocolate paper, a cupcake paper mold and "lots of love" from the Greetings plate stamped on a book page, and here is my card !



Alison (butterfly):
Like Alison (craftytrog!), I took this pretty literally - I didn't mean to, but that's what happened!  I wanted to try out using beeswax for the first time, and loved it - even without a melting pot.


I layered up the background with strips of book pages and handmade paper, gesso and Distress Stains.  Then I used the Artistic Stamper Large Sequin Waste mask and the Large Random Dots background stamp to create my bubbles floating up through the air.  I stamped some tissue paper using one of the Calligraphic masks, cut it with the Movers and Shapers little heart, and dipped the hearts in beeswax that I'd melted in a little metal tart tray with my heat tool. 

 

I also used the beeswax to "glue" down the trees and create texture and sheen on the "earth".  This was really meant to be a journal page, but once the twigs were on there, it was never going to work to shut it in a journal, so I ended up mounting it on a canvas!

We hope you will join in this month's challenge and look forward to seeing you creations. Don't forget to add a comment when you have posted your entry.
Have a very creative month
{hugs}
Jennie

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Gorgeous projects from all the DT.

nancyparker55 said...

Wishing you all a Happy New Year! Great work by the DTs.

Anonymous said...

Happy new year! Favours work from the DT!

Anonymous said...

Sigh. Fabulous, not favours!

Deonna B said...

Great Challenge theme. I love to make Valentines.

Meggymay said...

Fantastic inspiration DT.
Yvonne

Sathya said...

First time here...Linked my project!!

Karen Petitt said...

Thank you for a great challenge and fab DT inspirations, my first time here xx

Jane said...

Such lovely DT work here..it cheers up a dreary January. I have just entered my 2nd piece. Happy Saturday x

New Creations said...

I am a new follower here and I love valentine cards. Lovely DT work!
Vinita

Unknown said...

Gorgeous DT pieces!! Thanks so much for the fun theme.
hugs--
Roberta
Queen Bee Paper Crafts

Deborah Wainwright said...

A great challenge and so many lovely entries

Karen Petitt said...

Have entered another entry - hope that is allowed xx