Sunday 1 September 2013

September Challenge ~ Autumn

Hi everyone and welcome to The Artistic Stamper Creative Team blog and our brand new challenge for September!! Can you believe it's September already? Hasn't this year flown?

In August, we had the pleasure of having the extremely talented and very lovely, Linda Ledbetter join us as our Guest Designer and on behalf of the team, Jennie and I would like to say a big thank you to Linda for all her hard work and the wonderful artwork that she shared with us all.

This month, we have another very talented guest joining us here at The Artistic Stamper, Sue Carrington. I'm sure you all know and love Sue's work and will already be really looking forward to seeing her first post tomorrow.

Before telling you all about this month's new challenge, I just wanted to say a huge thank you for all your fab entries in our Postcards, Travel and Holidays Challenge during August, as always it's been such a pleasure seeing all your wonderful artwork and creative pieces. We will be announcing one very lucky winner in the next few days, so make sure you check back to see if it's you!!

The new challenge for September is all about AUTUMN and the whole team are looking forward to seeing all your fabulous artwork and stamped projects that you submit in relation to this theme. It's simple to join in with this challenge (and you can join in as many times as you want); all we would like you to do is, make a piece of artwork, making sure that you include the theme and some rubberstamping. Pop back here to link up using the Froggy at the bottom of this post, so that we can see what you've made and then, leave us a comment to let us know you have joined in with the challenge. As always, there will be candy for one randomly picked entrant - the winner will receive £15 worth of The Artistic Stamper stamps of your choice plus the Kling On to mount them onto. And don't forget....if you use Artistic Stamper stamps on your entry, you will entered into the draw, twice!!!!

If you do need any inspiration, then you don't need to look any further than our Creative Team's stunning creations for this month's challenge.

Titbelsoeur : Thinking of Autumn made me associate some ideas... autumn... harvest... vineyard... cellar... cellar door... hanger on the cellar door... and here it is :


The structure is made with a piece of cardboard and I glued on it some bottle labels, french poststamps and corks, a piece of burlap, a rugby polo label, PLUS the "traditional" Titbelsoeur's sardine can and tea bag !
The stamp I used in the can comes from the Men's plate in the Stamps for men area
And on the tea bag on the right, I stamped the door key from the Time and Keys plate in the Time stamps area.
Mr Titbelsoeur was very very happy with that challenge ;-)
Have a creative month!


I'm really looking forward to heading in to my second season of autumnal crafting.  It really took me by surprise last year how much I loved working with the colours of Autumn, though - as a huge tree fan - I suppose I shouldn't have been so taken aback!

I've had to give you two pictures of my tag for this challenge, as it's really hard to capture it in a photograph (so do come and visit to see some more!).


There are layers and layers of wrinkle-free distress inkiness, stencilling, stamping and blending, and then the whole thing has a layer of Rock Candy crackle paint (which is what makes it so hard to take a photo of).


I added the Keats quote, stamped on leftover salty Dylusions backgrounds - the bright brilliant leaves landing in the earthy mulch of the forest floor - and added some of my rusted bits and pieces, and a rustic topping.


For my piece, I used the clock face from the Tick Tock A5 Stamp Set and based my piece around that. I created the look of a clock by using the Sizzix Bigz Cameo Frame die, which I painted with Distress Paints and then cut a round aperture in the centre. I stamped the clock with black Archival Ink onto a piece of card which I aged with Old Paper Distress Ink and then added some Idea-Ology in the centre. The leaves are created using the Tattered Leaves die and I blended the surface of each leaf using various colours of Distress Inks to give that Autumnal look. I then spritzed them with Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls mists before adding them to my piece, together with the metal Umbrella Man die cut which I embossed with a Texture Fade from my stash and then applied Alcohol Inks over the top. I finally added a Corked Vial, with a Chit Chat sticker attached and mounted the entire piece on some corrugated card painted with Distress Paints.

I used Katy Fox's Encyclopaedia Botanica Plate, some Stamper's Anonymous images, & Distress Pens & Inks, to create an Autumn-themed card. The background is red color core paper, stamped with Katy's dictionary script, then embossed, sanded & inked.

We hope you will join in with this month's challenge and please, don't forget to add a comment when you post your entry.

Hope you all have a happy and very creative month.
See you soon...
Emma x

16 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful projects!

Jenny Marples said...

As always the team have come up with beautiful and varied projects to inspire us. I'm sure I can 'rustle up' something to join in! Hugs, Jenny x

Inkypinkycraft said...

gorgeous autumnal makes here, hugs trace x

Helen said...

I love autumn, these projects are all just wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Every project a stunner!! One of these months I will get myself organised enough to take part in the AS challenge......

Sid said...

Some fab inspirational ideas from the team this time !!

Claudia N. said...

Wonderful autumnal creations by the DT! Sooo inspirational and beautiful! Autumn is my favourite season - no need to say then how much I love the theme of your september challenge! ;)

die amelie x

Lozzy said...

Beautiful designs, thank you for your challenge, im a new follower and hope my card ok for your challenge..Hugs Lozzy x

Maggie said...

Gorgeous DT projects just linked mine

MaggieH

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful DT projects and a great challenge! Valerie

Tammy said...

Gorgeous creations DT!!

Diane said...

Love all the beautiful, artistic work the DT has done...gorgeous!!

Claudia N. said...

Couldn't resist entering your challenge one more time! Autumn is my favourite season - so I truly love your "autumn" challenge! Thank you so much!

Hugs,
die amelie x

Ink Art Designs said...

Such beautiful inspiration from the team!
Dot x

Unknown said...

Great DT pieces, really enjoyed looking and joining in.

Emma x

Crafty Humphreys said...

Hi everyone. Loving the theme and all the glorious entries. This is my first time joining in with the challenge. Best wishes to all you crafty people. Suz aka Surrey Crafts (FB) or Crafty Humphreys (Blogger) xxx